I have not yet tried a Kashi product, but I was looking at their site today and stumbled across this recipe. Sounds great!
Pineapple Upside-Down Pancakes
- 2 cups Kashi® GOLEAN Crunch!® cereal, crushed slightly
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1½ cups low fat organic buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons expeller-pressed canola oil
- ¼ cup organic pineapple juice (use juice saved from crushed pineapple below)
- 2 large free-range eggs (or egg substitute)
- 1 – 8 oz. can crushed organic pineapple (no sugar added), drained (save juice for above)
- In a large mixing bowl, add the first 5, dry ingredients together. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the next 5 ingredients. Set crushed pineapple aside.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture until combined. Refrigerate batter for at least one hour so the ingredients combine completely and batter thickens (you can also refrigerate the batter overnight).
- Coat griddle or large skillet with non-stick spray and heat pan over medium heat.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of pancake batter onto heated pan, leaving enough room between pancakes to allow them to spread. Drop a heaping tablespoon of crushed pineapple in the middle of each pancake and cook for about 45 seconds, or until tops of pancakes bubble and edges begin to firm up.
- Carefully turn the pancakes over and continue to cook for an additional minute or until golden brown.
- Serve with pineapple side up, topping each pancake with a dollop of yogurt, fruit slices and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Serving Size: 2 pancakes (90g), Calories 150, Calories from Fat 40, Total Fat 4.5g, Saturated Fat 0.5g, Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 7g, Protein 6g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%