Paleo Turkey Veggie Meatballs

If you couldn’t tell from my last Wordless Wednesday post, our home is experiencing some technical difficulties when it comes to food. I’m pretty sure my husband is gluten intolerant and for myself? It’s dairy. I have heard about the Paleo lifestyle for a while now and for the last week I have taken it upon our family to give it a try. (We’re gluten and dairy free, may as well.)

When you think Paleo, think about how a caveman would eat. There are no pre-packaged (and heavily processed) foods, herbs are fine but grains are not. There is a debate on quinoa and if it’s truly paleo or not, personally I eat still. That and rice. We’re not 100%. Anything is better then nothing.

Paleo Turkey Veg Meatballs

• 1lb ground turkey
  • 1 1/2-2 cups of baby carrots (depending on how you would like your texture).
  • 1/2 onion
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic
  • 2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 tbsp ground parsley
  • 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
  • Dash of pepper

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine everything but the ground turkey to a food processor (in my case I used the Ninja blender) and pulse until no big chunks are left. You may have to stir in between to have a common texture.

Add the newly chopped ingredients to the turkey, and mix together.

Form meatballs. For this I took my 1 1/2 tablespoon, scooped the mixture and dropped on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes and enjoy.

If you would like to see the original recipe visit Paleo Plan.

This recipe is incredibly fast and easy (not to mention delicious). A perfect week night meal. I served it with a broccoli salad, but this would be a great adaptation for meatballs in marinara sauce.

Comments

1. says

Great recipe! I love that it uses turkey instead of beef and you are sneaking some veggies in there for those that don’t like veggies (I know a few of those)

2. Jennifer S. says

I would love to try these. My hubby is obsessed with meatballs and I would love to have a healthier version for him! Thanks for sharing!!!

3. Debbie McConnell says

I keep hearing Paleo eating/cooking and wasn’t sure exactly what that meant. (now i do thanks) These look great we love turkey burgers so turkey meatballs would be perfect.

4. Mariah @ FormulaMom.com says

My mom has stopped eating red meat so these are a great alternative for us! Thanks for sharing!

5. Jeannette says

My brother eats completely Palio and he says it has made all the difference in the way he feels! I’ll have to share this recipe with him and try it out myself as well!

6. Danielle Simmons says

These sound tasty! Sounds like a great addition to some spaghetti squash. I’ll have to try it out this week.

Trackbacks

1. […] no shortage of Paleo Diet recipes out there. They range from Paleo Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps to  Paleo Turkey Veggie Meatballs at The Bewitchin’ […]