Only one more day left after this. I know you will love the Cheerleader’s Chili Potato Skins (they’re loaded), and when you have had enough heat cool down with the Creamy Herb Dip. Don’t forget to come back tomorrow because we have saved the best for last. Hint: it’s sweet and has chocolate in it.
Cheerleaders’ Loaded Chili Potato Skins
Another favorite game snack – and this version’s fantastically Free!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes, plus baking
Syns per serving: FREE
- 4 small baking potatoes, unpeeled
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 tbsp each finely chopped rosemary and dried red chili flakes finely sliced scallions, chopped red chili, and sweet smoked paprika, to garnish
- salad leaves, to serve
For the chili
- 1 cup extra lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1¾–2 cups canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 large red chili, seeded and very finely chopped
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- sea salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Prick each potato all over and spray with a little low calorie cooking spray. Place them directly onto the oven shelf and bake for 40–45 minutes until they feel slightly soft when squeezed.
2. Meanwhile make the chili by heating a large nonstick skillet over a high heat. Add the ground beef and stir-fry for 6–8 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the garlic, cumin, tomatoes, and red chili and season well. Cook for 20 minutes to reduce the sauce or until it thickens, stirring from time to time to prevent sticking. Remove from the heat, stir in the vinegar and kidney beans. Set aside and keep warm.
3. When cooked, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh (keep it for another use such as mash) and leave a layer of potato at least 5mm/¼ inch thick on the skin. Spray again with low calorie cooking spray and arrange in a single layer, skin–side down, on a wire rack set in a roasting pan.
4. Season generously with sea salt and sprinkle over the rosemary and chili flakes. Return to the oven and bake for 15–20 minutes, turning half way through, until crisp and golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven and place on a platter, cut sides up. Spoon the chili into the potato skins, sprinkle over the sliced scallions, red chili, and sweet smoked paprika and serve immediately with salad leaves.
Tip: Suitable for home freezing.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Syns per serving: FREE
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly snipped chives
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 1 small red chili, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and pepper
1. Mix all the ingredients together and spoon into a serving bowl.
2. Serve with grilled meat, vegetables or on top of a baked potato!
Be sure to check out the full SuperBowl series:
Halftime Gooey Chocolate and Apricot Brownies (Live January 29)
As for alcohol? Enjoy a beer to toast your team’s success (a 12fl oz bottle Bud Light is 5½ Syns) or get creative with Slimming World’s low-Syn cocktails! Our favorite’s a Mojito cocktail – place slices of lime and mint leaves in a glass and fill with ice. Add 1½fl oz rum and top with sugar-free lemonade (5 Syns per glass).
This post was brought to you by Slimming World to learn more about Slimming World’s weight loss program and how you can eat everything you still love (and have Syns explained in detail) visit Slimming World USA.