We made it to the last day, and we saved the best for last: dessert!
Half Time Gooey Chocolate Brownies with Apricot
Who needs Beyonce when you’ve got these gorgeously gooey chocolate and apricot brownies as half time entertainment?
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 18-20 minutes
Syns per serving: 4
- 100g/3½oz fat free spread, suitable for baking
- ½ cup/120g/4oz cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp artificial sweetener (I prefer Stevia)
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup/3½oz all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250g/9oz dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
1. Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
2. Line a 12 x 8in/30 x 20cm/ baking tin with nonstick parchment paper.
3. Melt the fat free spread in a pan, remove from the heat, and stir in the cocoa powder, sweetener, and sugar. Add the eggs and whisk until combined.
4. Sift in the flour and baking powder and stir well. Mix in the apricots and vanilla flavoring, then pour into the prepared tin and bake for 18–20 minutes until just set (it will firm as it cools). While still warm, turn out onto a board and cut into 24 portions.
Be sure to check out the full SuperBowl series:
As for alcohol? Enjoy a beer to toast your team’s success (a 12fl oz bottle Bud Light is 5½ Syns) or get creative with Slimming World’s low-Syn cocktails! Our favorite’s a Mojito cocktail – place slices of lime and mint leaves in a glass and fill with ice. Add 1½fl oz rum and top with sugar-free lemonade (5 Syns per glass).
This post was brought to you by Slimming World to learn more about Slimming World’s weight loss program and how you can eat everything you still love (and have Syns explained in detail) visit Slimming World USA.