It’s day two of the Healthy SuperBowl Series and today I’m going to be sharing Slimming World’s Touchdown Tuna and Corn Fritters and Santa Fe Salad.
Tuna and Corn Fritters
These tasty little fritters are perfect finger food – easy to hold on to when the game gets tense!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Syns per serving: FREE
- 1¾ cups canned corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup canned tuna in water, drained
- 3 medium potatoes, unpeeled and whole
- 4 tbsp each finely chopped chives, cilantro and parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- low calorie cooking spray
- salt and pepper
For the salsa
- 4 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, finely diced
- ½ red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 3 tbsp chopped mint
- juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Place the corn and tuna in a large mixing bowl.
2. Place the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted water, bring to a boil and cook for about 15 minutes, making sure they are not fully cooked. Drain, allow to cool slightly then peel using a sharp knife. Coarsely grate the potatoes into the corn and tuna mixture. Add the chopped herbs and egg and season well.
3. Combine the ingredients together using your hands and then divide into 12 portions. Shape each portion into a patty and place on a nonstick baking tray lined with baking parchment. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and place in the oven for 15–20 minutes or until lightly golden.
4. While the fritters are cooking make the salsa by combining all the ingredients together in a bowl, season well and chill until required. Serve the fritters with the salsa.
Tip: Suitable for home freezing – fritters only.
Santa fe Salad With Chili Lime Dressing
Syns per serving: FREE
For the dressing:
6 tbsp fat-free plain Greek yogurt
3 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 medium scallion, minced
1½ tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp artificial sweetener
½ tsp chili powder or hot pepper sauce
3 tbsp water
For the salad :
15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1½ cups cooked corn kernels, fresh or frozen
2 cups grape tomatoes
1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
8 cups romaine lettuce, cut into thick shreds (about 2 hearts)
1. First make the dressing. Whisk the yogurt, cilantro, scallion, lime juice, sweetener, and chili powder with 3 tablespoons of water in a small bowl until smooth. Transfer to a jar or a plastic container with a tight fitting lid and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. In a large bowl or food storage container, layer the salad ingredients in the order listed. Cover and refrigerate.
3. To serve, spoon the salad ingredients into a bowl. Shake the dressing and then drizzle over salad and toss well to coat.
Tip: Storing this salad in layers (instead of tossing it immediately) and keeping the dressing separate, helps to keep the salad fresh. It can be stored up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Be sure to check out the full SuperBowl series:
Halftime Gooey Chocolate and Apricot Brownies (Live Jan 29)
As for alcohol? Enjoy a beer to toast your team’s success (a 12fl oz bottle Bud Light is 5½ Syns) or get creative with Slimming World’s low-Syn cocktails! Our favorite’s a Mojito cocktail – place slices of lime and mint leaves in a glass and fill with ice. Add 1½fl oz rum and top with sugar-free lemonade (5 Syns per glass).
This post was brought to you by Slimming World to learn more about Slimming World’s weight loss program and how you can eat everything you still love (and have Syns explained in detail) visit Slimming World USA.