Thank you for coming back to day 3 of the Healthy Superbowl Recipe series, I hope you’re ready for the delicious Touchline Surf & Turf with Corn On The Cob and Herby Dip. Yum!
Touchline Surf and Turf
This succulent combo of sirloin steak and tiger shrimp is just right for a game day.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Syns per serving: 1
- low-calorie cooking spray, such as PAM Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- 1lb 12oz lean sirloin steaks, all visible fat removed
- 200g/7oz snow peas, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 200g/7oz cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 500g/1lb 2oz cooked, peeled shrimp
- small handful of arugula leaves
For the dressing
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp artificial sweetener
- ¼ cup fat free French style salad dressing
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
1. Spray a ridged griddle pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Season the steaks and place in the pan and cook according to your taste (2–3 minutes on each side for rare; 4 minutes on each side for medium; or 5–6 minutes on each side for well done). Remove the steaks from the pan and transfer to a plate.
2. Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil and blanch the snow peas for 1–2 minutes. Drain and refresh in cold water and drain again and place in a large serving bowl or platter, along with the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, shrimp, and arugula.
3. Very thinly slice the beef, saving any juices, and add the slices to the salad ingredients.
4. To make the dressing, mix together all the ingredients in a small bowl. Season and pour over the salad ingredients. Toss to mix and serve immediately.
Corn On The Cob with Herby Dip
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
Syns per serving: FREE
- 4 x 230g/8oz corncobs
- 230g/8oz fat free plain yogurt
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly snipped chives
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 1 small red chili, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and pepper
- pepper flakes, to serve
1. Cut each corncob in half. Parboil in a large pan of boiling water for about 5 minutes until tender. Drain and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Spray the corncobs lightly with low-calorie cooking spray and place them in a heated cast-iron grill pan or over the hot coals on a barbecue. Cook for about 2 minutes, turning frequently until slightly charred.
3. Meanwhile, mix together all the ingredients for the herby dip and spoon into a serving bowl.
4. Season the cooked corncobs with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately, sprinkled with red pepper flakes, with the herb dip.
Be sure to check out the full SuperBowl series:
Halftime Gooey Chocolate and Apricot Brownies (Live January 29)
As for alcohol? Enjoy a beer to toast your team’s success (a 12fl oz bottle Bud Light is 5½ Syns) or get creative with Slimming World’s low-Syn cocktails! Our favorite’s a Mojito cocktail – place slices of lime and mint leaves in a glass and fill with ice. Add 1½fl oz rum and top with sugar-free lemonade (5 Syns per glass).
This post was brought to you by Slimming World to learn more about Slimming World’s weight loss program and how you can eat everything you still love (and have Syns explained in detail) visit Slimming World USA.