Image Source: Life Made Delicious
My son’s first birthday is coming up and I’m really excited about it. I plan on serving a lot of finger foods/appetizers and although I have a lot of the main dishes down: chicken wings, veggies & dip and a few carby things. I want to try something different for snacks. I’m not wanting chips so that’s why I’m checking out Life Made Delicious for some easy recipes. Carter’s first birthday has a farm/barnyard theme and I’m trying to think of some creative ideas that way. Naturally I will be doing deviled eggs, pigs in a blanket and now thanks to the Taco-Seasoned Chex Mix recipe I found – Chicken Feed.
Taco Seasoned Chex Mix
- 6 cups (1.5 L) Rice Chex* Cereal
- 2 cups (500 mL) bite-size cheese crackers
- 2 cups (500 mL) bite-size pretzel twists
- 1 cup (250 mL) salted peanuts
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- 1 pkg Old El Paso* Taco Seasoning Mix
- In large microwaveable bowl, mix cereal, crackers, pretzels and peanuts.
- In small bowl, stir together oil, water and taco seasoning mix. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High about 5 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until mixture begins to brown. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.
Don’t Forget These Offers from Life Made Delicious:
- On February 1st, General Mills are partnering with Cineplex® to offer Canadians free movie ticket and snack offers as a ‘Thank You’ for buying their favourite products. Check for specially-marked cereal, Old El Paso®, Nature Valley® and Betty Crocker. Check out Life Made Delicious’s Facebook page for more information.
- On February 4th on the Life Made Delicious Facebook Page,you can grab a coupon for FREE Peanut Butter Cheerios with purchase of other Cheerios flavours including: Apple Cinnamon, Banana, and Chocolate.
Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.